Sunday, April 15, 2012

Amazing Teacher Gift

As the school year is winding down, I thought I'd share with you the most awesome gift I have ever received as a teacher. Last year a student and her mother made me a home-made cookie bouquet! It was the most thoughtful, original, and heart-warming gift I have ever received from a student. 


Here's How They Made It:

  • 1 block green floral foam
  • Wooden kabob skewers
  • Woven basket
  • Tissue paper
  • Plastic sandwich bags without zip closures
  • Multi-colored ribbon
  • Assorted, from scratch, hand decorated, sugar cookies 


They attached a hand written note of thanks and the recipe they used for the sugar cookies. They also made it a "Star" theme to express that I was a "Shining Star Teacher".  

By changing the cookie shape, this gift could be used for a variety of different occasions. It was an incredibly touching gift and could be used to show sincere thanks to anyone in your life. I know that I will never forget it and hope to create my own soon!

Additional themes could be:

  • Quilt blocks for a friend
  • Award Ribbons for an accomplishment
  • Hearts for love
  • Houses for house-warming
  • Sports equipment for good luck or celebrations
  • Baby bottles for a shower
  • Wedding cakes for a wedding or shower
  • Mickey faces for an upcoming trip or party
  • Diploma for graduation
  • Flip-Flops for summer
  • Keys or cars for a 16th Birthday


Any other ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment