Monday, March 26, 2012

A New Twist on Barn Quilts

The origin of the Barn Quilt dates back 300 years ago to a time when German immigrants journeyed to America in search of religious freedom.
Link: Fairmont Sentinal
Link: Colonial Quilt Square and Modern Quilt Squares

The over sized Barn Quilt squares we see today are attributed to a woman named Donna Sue Groves from West Virginia.
Link: Today's Barn Square

Today, barns all over the United States boast beautiful over sized quilt squares. There are tours, festivals and drives all celebrating these captivating expressions of art.


In my recent research, I found a lady who has taken this idea one step further. Lynn is a veteran quilter and crafter who loves taking ideas and adding her own twist.

"I don't have a barn, but I love the elegance and beauty of barn quilts" says Lynn, "so I made my own versions."

Lynn lives on a lake and decided that if a barn can have a quilt, why not a  boat dock?





She also paints a mini version to fit in a sewing room or any room.


Lynn sells these Quilt Squares and will customize them with any colors, sizes or patterns the buyer prefers. E-mail me if you have any questions or are interested in these products.

1 comment: