Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Did I Mention I Was a Teacher?

"To make your children capable of honesty is the 
beginning of education." -John Ruskin

An actual conversation I had today...

Student: (bouncing up to me) Mrs. T you're awesome!
Me: Well, thank you! You're pretty awesome yourself!
Student: When school first started I wasn't sure if you would be cool or not.
Me: Why is that?
Student: Well, you were young so I thought that was cool, but you told us you liked to quilt in your free time and I thought that made you sound like my grandma.
Me: Your grandma likes to quilt?
Student: Yeah. She does it all the time.
Me: (Smiling) Sounds like my kind of fun!
Student: (with confused look) How old are you again?
Me: 25
Student: (shaking head) I don't get it?
Me: Get what?
Student: How you can be so cool and act so old at the same time. You need to get out more.

I burst out laughing on the spot! I love my job! Kids are so stinkin' honest and funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment